Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The one with the Gentleman's Game !!!

I know wat everyone thinks, "hah !!!!!!!!  not about cricket again". Infact, it is another blog about cricket...

Sorry folks, it is indeed difficult to take the "cricket" out of me. I was wondering why cricket is called a "Gentleman's game". I have my own explanations of why it is called so. First and foremost, cricket was played long back during the 16th century in England and then later became a national sport for them. All set of rules and what is called " TheCode of Conduct" was established my ICC and Marylbourne Cricket Club(MCC) respectively ........... blah blah blah blah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Code of Conduct in short is to maintain the behaviour on the field by cricketers. More than that, it is so called because of the respect given to fellow athletes across both the teams.

But times have changed now. There seem to be a huge amount of cushioning provided to the code of conduct provided to players themselves. Sledging and Swearing has become common these days.

Above all, it is called as the Gentleman's game just because of the respect and passion players show towards the game.

A recent incident shows how the cricket played these days does not deserved to be called that way. With one run to win, plenty of balls remaining, and Viru on strike, even a dead man knows India's gonna win. If I were bowling, (or if any true, die-hard cricket fan is bowling), though I know that India's gonna win, I would'nt let them win in my over. I would die to save that one run being consumed in my over. That is how cricket should be played !!!!. But if so called facts posted by media are true, such as Dilshan or Sanga prompted Randiv to bowl the no-ball, it is pathetic on their part to do so. Such senior players doing a nasty thing like this is never acceptable and is a sure a big blow to Cricket.

Cricket truly is not a Gentleman's game anymore !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment