Monday, July 12, 2010

The one where my fingers got numb !!!!!!!!!!!

I rarely post a blog. It's not that I dont have time or finding it difficult to think of a subject. Its because I wanted to write something interesting. Wink....

It has been quite a few months since I started working in Pune, the land of job opportunities especially for mechanical engineers. Infact it has been just more than an year and a half. Life has been almost routine then.
Things were getting monotonous and hence life started sucking !!!!!!!!!!!!

Was missing all the joy in my hometown with friends and family.. (According to me, job & money are deep below in the list compared to the ones I mentioned ....)

Imagine if I had fulfilled my mom's wish (infact any mom's wish) of pursuing an MS in the US, I would have by now killed myself ;)

Just when I started thinking of getting out of Pune and find a job in a place where I can hangout with my friends and visit my family often, a wisdom of light struck from nowhere. It said, "Dude !!!!, its time to fulfil some smaller goals in life" Then I started thinking, what small goals do I have in life. In a flash, Music and "Guitar" came to my mind (I shud say, I ve never thought so fast in life !!!!). One thing led to another and then I started learning guitar. (by the way, my apologies to Ilayaraja and ARR :) )

It is not as easy as I thot (ofcourse, easier for those who are dedicated). Day one, looking at a 16yr old , his guitar, the six strings and the strumming looked much simpler. But when I held it for the first time, I knew how much difficult it was to play. Weeks went by, top of the fingers started to lose skin, got harder and finally got numb. But the satisfaction I got when I played "sa re ga ma" for the first time was unforgettable.

I might not be earning as much as my conterparts in the US, but I wanted to say that I felt satisfied for giving importance to smaller things in life. :) :) ..........

2 comments:

  1. :) Very true!
    I really miss out on that, and I dont even earn that much (as of now, nothing ;-))

    We all make different choices, but if we are in love with what we do nothing else matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @aparna: well said.. not everyone does wat they love... people make choices based on either money, society or parents.

    ReplyDelete